Monday, September 26, 2011

I have decided that this will be my year.

Hello! Welcome to my new blog! I thought I'd explain the purpose of this one by sharing my journal entry from today:
I'm 25 years old today. Birthdays never feel different to me. Never. They are awesome days but nothing big.
Today was different. I feel older in a good way. I feel different. I feel powerful.
I have decided that this will be my year.
And I'm going to prove it.
I am going to decide every day that today is my day. And I'll spend all day looking for reasons why.
Starting with today:
1) I got two gift cards today, for $25 at Target and $30 at Whole Foods. Hello groceries!
2) I got a lot of "Happy Birthdays"
3) At work we had cookies, cake, and candy in the break room
4) I woke up to freshly baked bread thanks to my new breadmaking machine.
5) Chick Fil A and Sauvignon Blanc. Natch.

Basically, the plan is to keep a list of things that show me why the day is my day. I may not blog every day, but I will definitely keep my list up and weekly posts will have outlines of each day's proof.
In comments, feel free to tell me why today is your day! A day is big enough to belong to multiple people.

I'm excited! I hope you are, too!
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment