Thursday, November 3, 2011

Days 38 and 39

Day 38
1. Got to work on time.
2. Had a good chiropractic adjustment.
3. Managed to eat lunch on my way there. Spicy vegetarian sweet potato taco. It's spectacular.

Day 39
1. Made it through this crazy day!
2. Managed to keep somewhat calm in some frustrating situations with the kids. (weathered quite a few throw-your-head-back tantrums)
3. My lead said it looked like I had things under control.
4. I caught a kid biting right in front of my lead, which made me feel better about all the times she caught a kid biting right in front of me.
5. Got my volunteer orientation done! Partially.
6. Saw an opera. It could have been better but the lead role was played by a really great actress. She was pretty much wonderful.
7. Random guy sat next to me in the theater. I had fun pretending he was interested in me. We never exchanged a single word but gave lots of "hi! I'm sitting next to you but I don't know you so I'm trying to look approachable and not creepy" smiles. That counts for something.
8. Almost had to save someone who I thought was being chased by an attacker. She wasn't, but I was totally ready to ram that guy with my car and speed away to safety with her. I even made my car go "VROOOM" and drove up to them to find them hugging. Glad she was okay.
9. It's cold outside but my bed is super warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment