Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Day 17

1) got to work with time to spare AGAIN!
2) had a conversation with my curly girl co worker all about curly hair and the hairstylist she recommended to me. Others looked on, mouth agape, at the level of care curly hair takes.
3) after witnessing the aftermath of something that will be really traumatic when the parties involved find out, I came home to a healthy, happy dog who hung around in the kitchen with me and somewhat patiently waited for our evening walk. After which she went crazy and threw my keys around for awhile.
4) had a good long talk with Catia about food, chairs, ideas, and the awesome weekend we will have when she comes to visit!
5) confirmed that I may go to my aunt and uncle's house on Saturday and do laundry for free!
6) farm box day, and it didn't go to waste. I baked up a sweet potato, sauteed sweet potato greens, and baked some chicken for dinner. It was excellent. Also made some pickles (hope it works! How long should they sit in the liquid?) and got like a billion apples, plus one with a leaf still attached. Adorable! I'm trying to figure out what to do with the shallots and pears.
7) got the Internet to work long enough to watch two episodes of "Being Erica" which is probably my guiltiest guilty pleasure on Hulu, with Doogie Howser, M. D. nowhere near it because I don't feel guilty for loving it. Being Erica is a Canadian drama where the main character gets to relive past events an make her life come out better. Or at least make her feel better about herself. It sounds like the later seasons are kind of crazy but I'm loving the first few episodes.
8) going to sleep a very content person. I have food for lunch, clothes for tomorrow and the next day, and a sweet sweet pup sleeping at my feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment