Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Day 24

1) I'm starting to realize I have quite a few friends here if I just reach out! I have to itemize this one BIG proof so forgive the outline format
a. The woman who hired me and who is now in charge of continuing education and professional development came up to me today and asked me about a play I'd mentioned. I told her when it was again and she said 'Okay good, and are you going with anyone?' I said no, and she said 'Well can we go together?' and of course I said yes and then we did a silly happy jumpy thing because we are both ridiculous. She, honestly, is a big part of why I accepted the very odd offer they gave me in late July.
b. I was all set to go to a very exciting festival full of food alone on Saturday, but I decided to go ahead and ask people whose company I enjoyed. I didn't get definite plans from anyone, but very aloofly said that I would be around and I'd keep my phone handy if they wanted to meet up. I'm sure this festival and the other one I'll be walking back and forth between won't disappoint.
c. These people are actually excited about the chance to see me. [Sidebar-why does that always surprise me?]
So yes, exciting stuff.
2) I was stressed at the end of the day and one of the admin just decided to hang out with me and the kids. It seemed to help a bit.
3) The chiropractor worked HARD on my body today. I'm so glad for our standing appointments. I can't imagine how bad my back and neck would be with the amount of bending over, lifting, and carrying I do during the day if I didn't have her.
4) Penny decided to try to be cuddly. She really is such a sweet dog. She just couldn't get into the papasan chair with me. No way we'd fit like that tonight!
5) Watched more episodes of Being Erica but didn't overdo it tonight. I'm going to sleep before midnight tonight (I hope!)
6) Got another babysitting gig pinned down for Saturday night. That means more moolah! Hooray for cashflow! (Sadly that means cutting off another opportunity but I choose the bright side on this blog)
7) Very easily rescheduled one of my standing chiropractic appointments so I can try out my lead teacher's boot camp that she leads after work twice a week. I'm absolutely terrified because I'm so out of shape, but I'm looking forward to it. Maybe it'll be fun if it's with a group of people.
8) I don't think I can fully describe to you how much fun I have when putting sunscreen on these kids. One guy got a fauxhawk and another got an anime do worthy of Dragonball Z.
9) I have a bunch of inside jokes with myself. One I am reminded of every day at closing as I do the final wash-ups pictures me as Cinderella, in great melodrama, saying something like "gee, I wish I could go to the ball...." and it always makes me chuckle.

No comments:

Post a Comment